After a year of virtual professional development in Instructional Coaching, we eagerly return to a two-day face-to-face Coaching Intensive on November 18 & 19.
However, going virtual has also taught us the importance of ongoing collaboration — so, participants will meet twice virtually for ongoing instructional coaching collaboration, support and feedback during the remainder of the school year.
We are excited to continue to provide training and support to TfT schools around the growing practice of Instructional Coaching. In many of our TfT schools, Instructional Coaching has become a vital support tool for the ongoing development/growth of teaching/learning practices within the TfT classroom.
Our Deep Hope is to grow in confidence, competence, and commitment as instructional coaches that empower others to play their parts in God’s Story.
The learning targets that will guide our time are:
- I can increase my competence by exploring resources and tools for instructional coaching.
- I can nurture my confidence by adapting, (re)designing, and rehearsing instructional coaching practices.
- I can grow in my commitment to lead as an instructional coach through the challenges and opportunities of school-wide change.
Over the course of this two day intensive, we will offer two tracks for professional development:
- Level 100: For those who are new to Instructional Coaching.
- Level 200: For those who have previously attended a TfT Instructional Coaching Intensive (in person or virtual) and wish to deepen their skillset.
Location: Grace Community School; 3025 University Boulevard; Tyler, Texas
Price per person: $399 (includes refreshments/lunch)
Registration deadline: October 1, 2021
- identify and name key design elements of transformational lessons
- provide practical examples and tools that will support teachers as they include these design elements in their daily/weekly lessons